Words that swept me away......................................................


"Lukka Chuppi" - Rang De Basanthi
If there was any song that touched the depths of my heart was Lukka Chuppi from “Rang de basanti”. This is a song sung between a loving mother to her brave dear son, who just expired in an army plane crash.. A.R Rahman has rendered a heavenly music to these lovely words sung by the legend - Lata Mangeshkar.



Mother:
Enough of hide and seek, come before me.
I searched for you everywhere.
Your mother is now tired.
Its evening and I'm worried about you
Hazy is what my sight is, come to me

Son:
What do I tell you about the place where I am, mother?
There is freedom and independence like the vast sky here.
Like your stories it is innocent and beautiful here
Its like a dreamland here.
My kite (I am) is flying without any worries mother.
Nobody to steal or cut my kite's string.

Mother:
My eyes are waiting for your arrival.
My heart is going through various emotions.
Slowly darkness in creeping in the courtyard, where is my brightness (son)
The sun is setting and gesturing to the moon, where are you?
Where are you my son?

Son:
How do I show you what is here?
I've drunk water from the fountain, mother
I've touched several clusters of my dreams
The sunlight along with the shade is here
The atmosphere is so different and new
All that I want is here mother... but still...
Loneliness is what I feel here without you :(

Comments

Popular Posts