Shankar's "I" : Teaser Review (Vikram has set new benchmarks)



Finally, the teaser and music of Shankar's Magnum Opus "I" was unveiled today with much fanfare and expectations. Has it lived up to our expectations? Or is it just too early to comment !

Well, it has definitely left me guessing what is “I” all about, really ??

Is it about the demerits/ flaws in our political system? (I for Indian)

Is it about the exploration of one’s own self ? (I referring to oneself)

Rumours mills say that it is the story of a gym freak who turns into a monster after consuming steroids/sub standard drugs and goes on a revenge saga. (#healthcare scam).  Well I’m not sure how true is that, but looking at the teaser, a part of it looks true.  


Keeping the crazy graphic elements featuring in all Shankar songs like a “Lady transforming into a bike”, etc, there are glimpses of a Very ugly Vikram, Mysterious lady which seems to be Vikram with a heavy layer of makeup  amongst a few others which catches the viewer’s attention.





There is also a scene showing the hunchback clad Vikram standing in a room (supposedly the ruins of a gym) seeing himself in a mirror. This scene shows a strong connection between the Handsome hunk character (Amazing physique) and the ugly revenge seeking Vikram. Whether they are related to each other or it just a makeup donned by Vikram to teach the baddies a lesson is not clear.  But I’m sure Shankar has something more unpredictable and exciting in the movie. Let’s wait and watch..



Almost forgot to mention that there is a wolfman character also seen in the posters and teaser. I believe it will just feature in a song and not a main character in the movie.




S  O  N  G  S : 

“I” seems to be one of the most energetic creation from Shankar & A.R Rahman combo. From western to dabanggkuthu fusion, Rahman seems to have reached new boundaries.



It’s really too early to review the music, because I’m unable to pick a favourite yet. Best of Rahman’s music takes its own time to appease the ear/ heart. I guess “I” is one such album. 
However I’m starting to like Mersalaayitten. Wonderful fusion !


Will return shortly with my review !  

Comments

Popular Posts