Words that swept me away......................................................


"Kaise Mujhe" - Ghajini

It is to-date the best romantic hindi lyric ever from what I’ve heard all through my life. Each and every word here is so poetic. And the best part is, both “Kaise Mujhe” and “Lukka Chuppi” (mentioned in my earlier post) was written by Prasoon Joshi, who is one of the best in the business and is also the regular lyricist for Academy award winner A.R Rahman. Now let’s go those b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l words of love.


Male:
How did we unite ?
I thank my destiny
You descended on the darkness
So gently and gracefully as the moon

You caressed me like the crooning sunlight
With your rhyming pulse
Do I witness your beauty or
listen to your sacred words?
You are my peace
My passion
Why didn’t you arrive earlier?

I used to despair at the Lord
for ignoring me.
But now I worship him
For having created you.

Female:
The Lands might part
The rivers might part
The dunes might part.
Life might spark new desires
As raindrops hum a different tune.
Though times shall alter their course
I will remain with you forever.
In your sweet embrace.
For every moment.
Always.

Male:
Life is now become like a sitar.
Like a melodious song of rain.
I can’t believe our destinies united us....................................................................................................

Comments

Popular Posts