The Wolfman. Stinks !!


One of the worst movies I have seen in 2010, is The Wolfman. Apart from a handful scenes attempted to scare us, the movie was bad. Infact I don’t even feel like reviewing this movie. But on the other side when I saw some average reviews for this movie, I was shocked and decided to share my opinion on this movie. There are two important factors to keep in mind before scripting a well known story.

1.) The story has to be eligible to be converted into a mainstream movie.

2.) If not, keep the essentials and change the script.

But it is evident that Joe Johnston, did not do both. So I don’t blame the Wolfman story. It lies in the director’s hands to make anything look interesting. In fact he atleast did one clever thing – Make an interesting cast. That was the only reason why I saw this movie. If not for Anthony Hopkins, Benicio del Toro and Emily Blunt, I would have been watching some other movie. The graphics were not upto the mark. But I really don't know why Oscar winners like Anthony and Benicio accepted this offer. Anthony looked like a teddy bear in that wolf graphic. Disappointing movie. Simple music. Simple graphics. Simple story. Joe has done great movies like Jumanji and Hidalgo, but I have no clue, why has he disappointed us, or atleast me. Looking forward for better stuff from Joe in Captain America and the upcoming Jurassic Park 4. All the best Joe. You can do better.

Reviews:

1/5

Trivia:

Joe Johnston won an Oscar for Best visual effects in “The Raiders of the Lost Ark”. He has also directed Honey I shrunk the kids and was the art director for all the Star Wars movies.

Comments

Popular Posts